Reading Time: 2 minutes

Unmoderated Testing

For an unmoderated testing tool, from the Treejack website, I would choose the First Click test method over the others. I think that it would be the most relevant to testing the web app that I am proposing here. 

First of all the test is extremely easy to complete and so is reading the data from the results. The user is given a problem and has to just click the solution on a wireframe. These results are tallied and displayed in a number of ways. A click map illustrates visually, as well as in percentage, where users have clicked while trying to find the page they were instructed to look for. 

Analysis displays also presents a pie chart for each problem that shows the percentage of successful clicks, the failed clicks and how much the problem was skipped. There are statistics on which other buttons were clicked so that it can become clear what might be causing the confusion in the case of unsuccessful clicks. Another handy feature is it shows the average time spent trying to correctly navigate. This can further inform you about how clear or unclear the layout is. 

In the overview section, of the Treejack First click website information on the location of who took the test, the time it took them to complete it and the number of people who actually finished the test vs those who participated. I would look at the time taken for testing my own app. As the ‘prototype, test, repeat’ process advances I would be looking for the time taken to get smaller and smaller to prove that the layout is becoming clearer.

The First Click test on a whole will be helpful for my App in achieving the clearest possible layout by pointing out any vagueness in the way the information is presented by indicating where the user errors took place.